Korean Style Lettuce Wraps With Beef
• ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided into ½ tablespoons
• 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 3 tsp dried garlic from FinaMill
• ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger from FinaMill
• 1 bunch green onions, with white and green parts separated
• Optional: sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Equipment & Prep
Equipment: whisk, wok or large skillet
3. Brown the ground beef with the remaining sesame oil in a wok or large skillet.
4. Add only the white part of the green onions and continue to cook until the beef is done.
6. Transfer sauce to the beef, pouring it over the beef, and then allow it to reduce down for about 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Chop up the green parts of the green onion.
8. Serve with lettuce leaves or prepare by dividing up the lettuce leaves and then distributing the beef mixture among the leaves.
9. Top with the chopped green onion.