One of the best dishes to order in a restaurant is the Shrimp Scampi. When done well, it is the perfect intro to a great meal. With a delicious burst of freshness from the lemon zest you get the perfect balance to the richness of the pasta and butter.
This dish is quick and relatively easy to make, we’ve put together a recipe to try at home.
- 8 ounces of pasta of choice, such as linguine, spaghetti, angel hair, etc.
- 1 lb medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ teaspoon or more, to taste, crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup lemon juice, preferably freshly-squeezed
- fresh zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Using the large pot, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a large skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp, along with the garlic and red pepper flakes. Grind the red pepper flakes with your FinaMill. Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp is pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and give it a few more stirs.
- Season the sauce with the salt and pepper using your FinaMill.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pasta, lemon zest, and parsley.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if using.